Did you know that the word “tote” means to carry? Tote bags have become popular over the years because they are easier to carry than luggage. With the ArtsBot Totes Amazing Craft Kit, you can make your own one of a kind tote bag and keychain. The Bots love to use tote bags as they travel around the world. They attach their keychain to the tote bag handles so they never lose their keys! Our keychain is made from wood, and wood is a material good for the earth.
The Totes Amazing Craft Kit helps you make something good for the environment.
Tote bags are reusable. If you go to the supermarket, you will see that some people bring tote bags to carry their groceries. These people are environmentally conscious are do not want to use plastic bags. By making your own tote bag you can do your part to help the environment. Together, we all need to save our planet.
- Plastic bags take anywhere from 15 to 1000 years to decompose.
- Only 1 percent of plastic bags are recycled in the United States. The rest end up in landfills, the ocean, or some other place in the environment.
- Did you know that there is a giant garbage heap made mostly of floating plastic in the ocean that’s twice the size of the United States. It is called the Plastic Soup Ocean Dump. This is killing our life underwater.
- It’s estimated that 1 million birds and thousands of turtles and other sea animals die each year after ingesting discarded plastic bags.
- More than 10 percent of washed-up debris polluting the U.S. coastline is made up of plastic bags.
- It takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce the estimated 100 billion plastic bags Americans use each year.
- The petroleum used to produce 14 plastic bags can drive a car one mile.
Hope you have as much fun making the Totes Amazing Craft Kit as the Bots and I had making it for you. Complete this craft, share your work on social media and you will Join The Evolution.