Encouraging creativity in your children isn’t just a fun way to pass the time, but you’re also helping them develop fundamental skills- from math to motor skills, and everything in between.
Just take a look at some of these amazing benefits (read more here):
- Fine motor skills. Learning to hold pencils and crayons properly encourages fine motor skills. Down the line, this will help your child with writing and even zipping up a coat.
- Cognitive development. Art is a great way to learn patterning, cause and effect and even critical thinking.
- Math skills. Art introduces basic concepts like size, shapes, counting and spatial reasoning.
- Visual Learning: Even before they can read, kids are taking in visual information- this is especially important for visual learners. Creative activities like drawing, sculpting or threading beads help aid this.
- Improved Academic Performance: A report by Americans for the Arts states that children who participate regularly in the arts are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement- and that is bot on!
Did you know wood blocks also have many educational benefits? Check them out here.
By encouraging creative expression, you can help facilitate fun and learning. With so many awesome benefits, what are you waiting for? Check out our craft kits.
See you back here for our next Creative Moment piece for parents to unwind.